West Bloomfield TMJ Disorder Dentist
Our dentist can diagnose and treat patients who show symptoms for TMJ, which stands for temporal-mandibular joint. Problems with this joint may be caused by a misalignment of the teeth, oral trauma or excess muscle tension.
Problems in this area can cause:
- Trouble or soreness when opening or closing the mouth
- Clicking or popping of the jaw
- Pain in the jaw muscles
- Soreness in the area, sometimes extending to the face
Dental treatments for TMJ can include replacing missing teeth, moving teeth, adjusting your bite, or filling gaps between teeth. As with many specialty dental procedures, there is no solution that is right for all patients.
Our knowledgeable and professional staff can help you determine which option is best for your specific situation. In some cases, a plastic mouthpiece may be used to prevent clenching or grinding that is contributing to the problem. If untreated and taken to extremes, surgery may be required to repair a badly damaged joint.
Bite Splint Therapy
We offer several different types of splint therapy for specific conditions. Through proper evaluation and fitting, we can help alleviate misalignment of your bite and subsequently correct these issues.
A is a restorative device used to support, protect, or immobilize oral structures that have been loosened, replanted, fractured or traumatized. We offer bite splint therapy options for:
- Treatment of temporomandibular (TMJ) joint disorders
- Patients dealing with issues from night-time teeth grinding
- Mouth or jaw problems resulting from bite misalignment
If you are experiencing any of the common signs caused by TMJ, want to learn more about Robert Singelyn DDS or just want to make an appointment, please contact our office or call us directly at 248.237.4434 .
What Sets Us Apart
- Convenient Location
- State-of-the-Art Equipment
- Accepts Most Dental Insurances
- All Your Dental Needs in One Office